This looks very tasty. Mushroom, onions and garlic, can you really go wrong? I would use Mrs. Dash instead of salt and probably use almond flour to dredge chicken. Maybe take the onions down to 1 cup, 2 cups sound like a lot of onion. Other than that it should work well for the DASH diet. Recipe is from KitchMe.
2 Tab. Parmesan cheese, grated
½ tsp. Salt, divided
¼ tsp. Pepper
16 oz Chicken breast
1 Tab. Olive oil, divided
2 Cups Onion, diced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Cups Mushrooms, sliced
½ tsp. Basil
2 Tab. Dry white wine
2 Tab. Water
- On a sheet of wax paper or paper plate, combine flour, parmesan cheese, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides, and reserve any remaining flour mixture.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat 1 1/2 tsp oil over medium-high heat; add onions and garlic and saute until onions are softened.
- Add mushrooms, basil, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and saute until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil; add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in reserved flour mixture; gradually add wine and water and continuing to stir, bring mixture to a boil.
- Return mushroom mixture to the pan and cook until heated through.