A friend sent this recipe to me a couple of days ago and we tried it last night. It was a hit. I cut back on the bacon to five slices (turkey bacon) and I used about a cup of ready made mayonnaise. If you like broccoli I think you will really like this recipe from Paleo Leap.
Bacon, Grape, and Broccoli Salad
- 2 or 3 heads of broccoli, depending on their size;
- 1 1/2 cup red or green grapes, halved;
- 10 slices bacon;
- 1/2 chopped onion;
- 1/2 cup slivered or chopped almonds;
- 1 1/4 cup paleo mayonnaise;
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Place the slices of bacon in a large pan on medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes on each side until crispy.
- While the bacon cooks, cut the broccoli in small florets. You can use the stalks as well, making sure to cut it in pieces about the same size as the florets.
- Mix the florets with the almonds, chopped onion and halved grapes.
- Once the bacon is cooked and crispy, crumble and add it to the salad.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice.
- Mix the dressing with the salad, mix well, serve and enjoy!