Avocado is something my husband loves and I love pasta, I see a win-win here. Avocados give such a nice rich creamy taste to dishes. You can find this recipe at Damn Delicious. I think fresh roasted corn would be great in this dish to replace the canned corn.
The easiest, most unbelievably creamy avocado pasta that everyone will love. And it’ll be on your dinner table in just 20 min!
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and corn.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Comfort of Cooking