I love cranberry sauce with my turkey. I married into a family that cranberry sauce is an after thought. There have been turkey dinners with no cranberry sauce. So I make my own now and take it to dinner. It is so easy to make and much better than canned. And the leftovers get made into turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce, bagel sandwiches, Yum!
This recipe comes from Once Upon a Chef.
Fresh Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, from one orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh or frozen cranberries (do not use dried)
- Zest of one orange, about 2 teaspoons
- Pinch salt
- Bring orange juice, water and sugar to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Add cranberries, orange zest and salt and bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for about 10 minutes, until most of the cranberries have burst open.
- Transfer sauce to a serving bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.