Are you ready? I think I have everything in order. Of course something will go wrong, important just to go with the flow. Maybe it will be the family story for a while. Probably the most important thing is to plan out your timing. I had dinner at a friend’s house who started the green beans before the turkey. We just ate what was done and stretched dinner out for a very long time. It’s a learning process.
Here is my favorite jello recipe and pretty darn easy. I am making it today so don’t even have to worry about it tomorrow. This is from Taste of Home. I just make mine in a pretty dish and don’t worry about un-molding it. One less worry.
Prep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- In a large saucepan, bring applesauce and orange juice to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Slowly add soda.
- Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until unmold onto a serving platter.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 111 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
© Taste of Home 2014 Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/applesauce-raspberry-gelatin-mold#ixzz3Iy2PUCEF
Now for the gravy. I will confess I don’t use a recipe here. It is one of those things I just have in my head. But if I were going to follow a recipe I would go to Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman.