My girlfriend and I were talking yesterday about how we want something quick to eat that we don’t have to think about, but is good for you. Two Healthy Kitchens posted this recipe for No-Bake Maple Walnut balls. They are really good and I like the fact that I can freeze them. I didn’t have the flax-seed in my cupboard, went ahead and made them anyway. (I added a little more oatmeal to make up for the lack of flax-seed) Check out the Two Healthy Kitchens blog for more healthy snack ideas.
Like many people this weekend we have a family outing planned. I found this recipe for peanut butter dip from Cooking Classy. Sounds really good and easy. When I buy peanut butter I go to the grocery store that lets you grind raw peanuts into butter. No added salt! We like it better than the sweeten kind.
Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- 2 (5.3 oz) containers Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or 1 slightly heaping cup)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp honey, or to taste
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to blend until smooth. Serve with fruit (recommended bananas, apples, raspberries or strawberries). Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Adapted from: Family Fresh Meals
There are times you just need treats. Hard thing is to have just what you are going to eat in one serving in the house. Extra around here just leads to bad behavior. The is an easy snack/dessert. I am not tempted by graham crackers all by themselves, so they are not harmful for us to have in the pantry. The changes I make in this recipe is I you Smuckers all natural fruit spread instead of jam. This recipe is from Smuckers. If you want to save a few calories or don’t like graham crackers just spread the cream cheese mixture on the fruit and eat.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SNACKS
PREP TIME:10 MINUTE(S)
- 1 tablespoon Smucker’s®Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 graham cracker sections (1 full sheet)
- 1 medium strawberry, cut in quarters for garnish
- BLEND preserves and cream cheese together until smooth.
- SPREAD mixture on 4 graham cracker sections. Top each with a quartered strawberry.
Serving Size (whole recipe), Calories 165 (Calories from Fat 55), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 225mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 10g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.